Assessment, Curriculum and Technology Research Centre
Marie Therese A.P. Bustos
UP College of Education
The Assessment Curriculum and Technology Research Centre (ACTRC) was established in 2013 as a joint initiative between the Assessment Research Centre (ARC) of the University of Melbourne and the University of the Philippines. The Centre is funded by the Australian Government.
ACTRC aims to advise and inform the Philippine education system through curriculum, teaching, and assessment research in order to equip Filipino students for their participation in an information society and a knowledge-based economy. This involves:
- assessment of learning across all levels of basic education;
- curriculum analysis and study of the links between intended, implemented, and achieved curriculum; and
- examination of the role of technology in the delivery and enhancement of assessment and curriculum.
The three themes of ACTRC are assessment, curriculum, and technology. Research activities fall within one or more of these strands, and are stimulated by state-of-the-art thinking in each, combined with identified needs and priorities of the Philippine education system.
- Alignment of Intended, Implemented, and Assessed Science Curriculum Focusing on Inquiry Skills
- Assessment and Reporting Practices that Support Inclusive Education for Students with Additional Learning Needs (SWANs)
- Assessment of Transversal Competencies in the Asia-Pacific – Philippines
- Career Guidance in the Philippines
- Development of Assessment Tools for Elementary Students in ARMM
- Formative Assessment Phases 1, 2, and 3
- Independent Disbursement-Linked Verification Agent for the Learning Equity and Accountability Program Support (LEAPS) Project
- LearnBEST: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Longitudinal Study of Learning Achievement of Students in ARMM (LearnARMM)
- Review of Large-Scale Assessments Relevant in the Philippines
- Review of Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (MTB-MLE) for the World Bank’s LEAPS Project
- Science Curriculum Study: A Focus on Chemistry
- Understanding Best Practices in MTB-MLE in the Philippines
- 21st Century Skills in the Philippines
- Alternative Delivery Mode (ADM) Project-end Evaluation Research
- Formative Assessment Phase 4
- International Large-Scale Assessment (ILSA) Support
- Language Match and Teacher Preparation Study in BARMM
- Philippine Basic Education Curriculum Review
- Science and Mathematics Curriculum Study
For more information on completed and current projects, news, and resources, please visit http://actrc.org.