- Assist in the preparation and publication of technical and academic outputs (such as white papers, policy papers/briefs, monographs, and journals.)
- Update and maintain website and page content.
- Layout and design policy briefs, discussion papers, and other related publications.
- Coordinate with Programs on the submission of their outputs for publication.
- Read any submission assigned to him/her by the issue editor or the managing editor and determine if it is of academic or scholarly journal quality.
- Conduct plagiarism check.
- Do a preliminary review evaluation as to the sustainability of the submitted manuscript for peer review.
- Recommend points for editorial revisions to prepare the assigned manuscript for peer review.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Executive Director.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree relevant to the job.
- Have a critical appreciation of scholarly literature.
- Have experience in academic publishing including copyediting, proofreading, coordinating with authors and reviewers.
- Proficient with MS word.
- Preferably have working knowledge on publication design and layout including the use of relevant Adobe programs (InDesign or Photoshop).
Interested parties may submit their motivation letter, curriculum vitae (CV), Transcript of Records (ToR), and two samples of their written work to cidspub[email protected]. Please feel free to get in touch with the Publications Unit through the phone numbers below for any inquiries.
** Deadline for applications on 30 April 2018. Salary to be determined based on applicant qualifications.