The UP CIDS Decolonial Studies Program (DSP), the UP Diliman Department of European Languages, and the Philippine International Studies Organization invite you to the roundtable discussion “Pedagogy and Goal-Setting in Foreign Language Policy” on 3 April 2019 (Wednesday) 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, at the UP CIDS Conference Hall.
The following topics shall be discussed with representatives from FL programs in higher education, secondary schools, and the government:
- The rationale and goals of foreign language education (FLE) in the Philippines
- Assessing role of Filipino culture and globalization in FLE
- Projections and challenges for FLE in light of the SPFL, CHED Memorandum, and K-12 (on teacher training, materials access, etc.)
- Channeling foreign languages for national goals
- Development of appropriate materials and the role of local educators in materials creation and pedagogical modification
This event is free and open to the public. For inquires, email [email protected].