The National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) in collaboration with The World Bank will hold a National Conference on Natural Capital Accounting (NCA) to present what has been accomplished and arouse greater interest on NCA towards paving its way for its mainstreaming in development agenda. More specifically, the conference aims to achieve the following objectives:
- improve the scientific and policy aspects of natural capital accounting in the Philippines through exchange of knowledge, insights and experience among policymakers, scientists, practitioners and advocates;
- provide a platform to disseminate results of researches and current undertakings among key actors in NCA and related subject matter;
- collate and synthesize available technical analyses relevant for the implementation of natural capital accounting in the Philipines, highlight major issues and concerns, identify data gaps and impact highways, and discuss policy directions at local and national levels; and
- identify effective modes of collaboration towards further strengthening capabilities in NCA and other releated methodologies and tools.
Papers addressing one of the following themes are requested:
- Integrated frameworks and tools in natural capital accounting
- Re-thinking the importance of natural capital
- Financing, investment and natural capital accounting
- Data and data management in natural accounting
Deadline of submission for paper and poster presentations will be on 31 January 2017. Notification of selected abstracts (both for paper and poster presentation) will be made on 14 February 2017. Full paper of selected abstracts, together with revised abstracts (for those with edits of comments), and poster presentation will have to be submitted on or before 28 February 2017.
See the concept note, call for papers, and abstract and full paper format below.
National Conference on NCA
Abstract & Paper Format NCA
NCA Concept Note