UP commends OVPAA projects in 4th President’s Toast
The UP Center for Integrative and Development Studies (CIDS) hosted the 4th President’s Toast on October 28, 2016 to celebrate the accomplishments of the Emerging Interdisciplinary Research (EIDR) and Balik PhD programs of the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (OVPAA).
Held at Ang Bahay ng Alumni, the program’s highlight was the presentation of successful projects by selected proponents of both programs:
1. Dr. Agnes Rola (UP Los Baños) – Towards Good Water Governance for Development: A Multi-Case Analysis
2. Dr. Helena Yap (UP Diliman) – Social-Ecological Resilience on Different Spatial and Temporal Scales
3. Dr. Leonardo Estacio, Jr. (UP Manila) – Drug Use Behavioral Health Among Adolescents in Metro Manila
Balik PhD Program
1. Dr. Francis Paraan (UP Diliman) – Quantum Entanglement in Low-Dimensional Systems: Quantum Spin Chains and Continuum Systems
2. Dr. Magdaleno Vasquez, Jr. (UP Diliman) – Charged Particle System Development for Modification of Polymeric Surfaces
3. Dr. Cecilia Conaco (UP Diliman) – Exploring Transcriptome Dynamics in Marine Organism in Response to Environmental Challenges
In their presentations, the program grantees shared the results and achievements of their respective projects which include publications, training opportunities for graduate students, and reactions from the community and other stakeholders of their researches.
UP President Alfredo E. Pascual lauded these projects and the two OVPAA programs for their successful pursuit of academic excellence and public service and for their contribution to knowledge and research.
Undersecretary Rommel Garcia of the Dangerous Drugs Board also graced the event and commended the projects.
Click here to learn more about the EIDR Program and here for the Balik PhD Program.