Position: Junior Research Analyst
Salary: Php 40,300.80/month
Duration: October 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the research and other related projects of the program, such as data gathering; transcribing interviews with key informants; coordinating with the project leaders for other concerns related to the project; and monitoring the implementation of projects;
- Contribute original content to the committed outcomes of the Program, such as writing and editing policy briefs, conference proceedings, journal entries (when applicable) and proposals, reports, and other related documents for activities organized in partnership with external organizations/agencies;
- Assist in the preparation and publication of technical and academic outputs of the Program, such as the preparation of proceedings, post-event write-ups; transcriptions, and other documentation requirements for the activities of the Program;
- Manage the preparation and execution of activities of the Program, such as but not limited to producing webinars, web-based roundtable discussions, and others.
- Prepare the administrative requirements of the program and its projects and/or activities, such as but not limited to service contracts, disbursement vouchers, reimbursement requests, annual budget, progress and financial reports, and other documents in close coordination with the Program Convenor and the CIDS Administrative Office; and
- Assist in project development, such as facilitating the planning and coordination of future projects with other government agencies, institutions, and foreign partners.
- Master’s degree or a Master’s candidate in political science, international studies, political economy, public policy, or related fields;
- At least 2 years of work experience, preferably with a background in research and/or public policy work (Career Service Eligibility is not required);
- Experience in working with government and international partners is preferred but not required.
- Experience in managing projects;
- Experience in research and technical writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as management and organizational skills;
- Can work independently under limited supervision but is also able to effectively work with a team as needed; and
- Can work on multiple tasks efficiently.
Interested applicants may send the following requirements to [email protected] with subject line “SSP Job Application: Last Name, First Name” (ex. SSP Job Application: De Leon, Maricar):
- Short cover letter addressed to Prof. Herman Joseph Kraft, Convenor, Strategic Studies Program, UP Center for Integrative and Development Studies;
- Curriculum Vitae with work and character references; and
- Writing samples (published or unpublished)
Deadline of Application: 30 September 2021